18% of Russian Internet users frequently purchase goods and services online according to recent polls carried out by Social Opinion Fund among 1500 respondents from 100 cities and towns.
64% users from 10 to 30 years search and download music. 44% watch or download movies.
Some other interesting results include:
- 73% use Internet for searching information
- 64% read news
- 63% spend time in social networks
- 45% communicate via email
- 42% browse photos
- 21% play online games
It’s fair to say that Internet activity mostly included information consumption and entertainment. When it comes to creativity and social or political activities, figures are less impressive:
- Only 7% took part on online discussions concerning political or social matters
- 6% looked into social or political parties’ websites
- 5% donated to charity
Listening to radio, chatting and blogging are least popular online activities among Russians.